United States, Salt Lake City, UT, Henkel Consumer Brands
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- The Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Specialist supports safety and environmental needs of production, maintenance, warehousing and other plant departments, reporting to the Plant SHE Manager in Salt Lake City, UT.
- The SHE Specialist serves as the subject matter expert for their area of responsibility and works directly with associates and management to foster a culture of safety through total engagement and participation in safety.
- Responsible to develop and standardize policies, procedures, programs, and processes aimed at continually improving safety and environmental performance and regulatory
- Participates and leads incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Influence associates and front line leaders by effectively communicating and training, demonstrating subject matter expertise, and strong leadership with SHE.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene/Occupational Hygiene, Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering preferred
- 2-5 +or more years of Occupational Health & Safety experience in a high-volume, fast-paced manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Hazwoper and OSHA 30 Hour highly desirable
- Strong project leadership experience; excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with other departments in a team environment.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular